Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Brett's Footnotes

I recently discovered this interesting blog: Brett's Footnotes. Brett's a developer who worked on Star Wars: Republic Commando (which, BTW, I'm currently enjoying - more on that later). Brett's blog has a specific slant that I find particularly invigorating. He frames his thoughts on game design within discussions of specific works from other media (mainly books and films), much as I have in the past. For instance, he draws a parallel between Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath and Final Fantasy IX. Good stuff. Also, since he's a dev, his thoughts are very much grounded in the capabilities of the videogame medium. There's very little media envy.

I found Brett's Footnotes via Jamie Fristrom's excellent GameDevBlog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home